So, what's the pattern, you ask? I am pleased to introduce you to...the Ultimate Apron!
Here's what makes this apron the 'ultimate:'
- It's completely reversible so your little one can have two totally different looks and color stories to wear with everything.
- It's an accessory piece to be worn over any skirt, dress, or pants. You could use it as a cooking apron if you want, but it was designed as more of a 'fashion apron.'
- Putting the apron (with pockets) on over a dress that doesn't have pockets allows your little one to carry lots of treasures. Kids love pockets!
- This pattern lets you sew a very professional looking piece with no exposed seams.
- There are oodles of trim and finishing options, including a scalloped hem.
- You can choose whether you want an apron that's just a skirt, or has a top piece as well.
Emmaline dress by Violette Field Threads. A gorgeous dress on its own...but look how fun it is with the apron! My daughter Emerald LOVES these two pieces together!
But, of course, her sister Isa has to get in on the fun too. So she can take the SAME apron, reverse it to the other side and wear it with her favorite dress too! (Stay tuned for details about this gorgeous dress tomorrow.)
I am looking for several people to test the Ultimate Apron pattern and send me feedback and photos of the finished cuteness. If you'd like to test it...head over to the facebook page and leave me the information I request there. I can't wait to see what you make with this pattern!